On my final day of my homemade Christmas I have Molasses Krinkles for you! Molasses Krinkles are one of my favorite cookies. This is another recipe that has been in my family for years. It is sure to be a favorite!
Although the recipe calls for shortening butter can be used. Oleo is margarine. You can do half and half, all shortening or all butter or margarine.
You will form your dough into a walnut size ball. I just use a cookie scoop. Then you will roll in sugar.
Once your dough is rolled bake in a preheated 375* oven for 8-10 minutes.
Then there you have it. Delicious Molasses Krinkle cookies!
3/4 cup Shortening (or Butter)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2t cinnamon
1 1/2 t baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar, for rolling
1. Cream together shortening/butter and brown sugar
2. Mix in eggs and molasses and mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours
5. Preheat oven to 375*
6. Roll dough into walnut size balls and then roll into sugar. Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes
8. Transfer to a cooling rack, cool and then enjoy!