Peanut Butter Blossoms are another must have Christmas treat for my husband. They are delicious peanut butter cookies that rate rolled in sugar and when done baking they are topped with a hershey kiss. I like to add Reeses peanut butter cups also. Peanut Butter Blossoms are the perfect addition to any Christmas cookie plate.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup shortening (butter may be used… I use butter in mine)
- 1 cup peanut butter (remember good quality!)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- 2 (9 ounce) bags milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (and I like to freeze mine)
2.In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and stir in the milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
3.Bake for 10 to12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the kiss will harden as it cools.